As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sofa slip covers are a great way to protect your furniture and keep it looking new. They’re also a great way to change the look of your room without spending a lot of money. Sewing your own sofa slip cover is not as difficult as you might think.
With a little time and effort, you can have a custom slipcover that fits your furniture perfectly.
- 1) Begin by taking measurements of your sofa
- You will need the width, depth, and height measurements
- 2) Cut out pieces of fabric for the front, back, and sides of the slipcover
- Be sure to add seam allowance to each piece
- 3) Sew the side panels to the back panel
- Then sew the front panel to the side and back panels
- 4) Hem the bottom edge of the slipcover and any openings (such as armrests)
- 5) Install buttons or hooks at opening edges (optional)
- 6) Put your new slipcover on your sofa!
How to cut and pin fit a sofa slipcover without welt(piping)
How Many Yards of Fabric Do I Need for a Sofa Slipcover?
If you’re looking to give your sofa a fresh new look, slipcovers are a great option. But how much fabric do you need to purchase? Here’s a quick guide to help you determine the amount of fabric you’ll need for a sofa slipcover:
First, measure your sofa. You’ll need to know the width, depth and height of your sofa in order to calculate the amount of fabric needed. Next, decide on the type of slipcover you want.
A fitted slipcover will require more fabric than a loose-fitting one.
This will give you the number of yards needed for your project. For example, if your sofa is 8 feet wide, 3 feet deep and 3 feet tall, you would need approximately 5 yards of fabric (8 x 2/3 = 5.33). For a loose-fitting slipcover, multiply the width by 1 1/2, the depth by 1 1/2 and the height by 2.
Using our same sofa dimensions from above, we would need approximately 7 yards of fabric for a loose-fitting slipcover (8 x 1 1/2 = 12; 3 x 1 1/2 = 4.5; 3 x 2 = 6; 12 + 4.5 + 6 = 22.5; 22.5 / 3 = 7.5). So there you have it! Just follow these simple steps and calculations and you’ll be on your way to creating a beautiful new slipcover for your sofa!
How Do You Sew a Slipcover?
Sewing a slipcover is not as difficult as it may seem. With a little patience and some careful measuring, anyone can sew a slipcover that will fit their furniture perfectly. Here are the steps to sewing a slipcover:
1. Measure your furniture piece to determine how much fabric you will need. Be sure to measure both the width and height of the piece, as well as the depth (from front to back). Add an extra inch or two to each measurement to allow for seam allowances.
2. Cut out your fabric pieces according to your measurements. You will need two rectangles for the main body of the slipcover (one for the front and one for the back), plus four smaller rectangles for the seat cushions (if your furniture has them). 3. Sew the two main body pieces together at the sides and bottom, using a 1/2-inch seam allowance.
Be sure to leave an opening along one side so that you can insert stuffing later on.
How Do You Make a Simple Slipcover for a Couch?
Whether you’re trying to protect your couch from pets or simply want to give it a new look, a slipcover is an easy and affordable solution. Making your own slipcover is a great way to save money and get exactly the style and fit you want. Here’s how to make a simple slipcover for a couch:
1. Measure your couch carefully. You’ll need to know the width, depth, and height of your sofa in order to create a well-fitting slipcover. 2. Cut out three pieces of fabric according to your measurements.
You’ll need one piece for the back of the couch, and two pieces for the sides (one for each side). 3. Sew the three pieces of fabric together along the edges, using a sewing machine or needle and thread. Be sure to leave an opening along one edge so that you can insert the cushion covers later on.
4. Hem all four edges of the slipcover fabric (the three sides plus the open edge). This will help prevent fraying and ensure that your slipcover looks neat and professional when finished. 5. Slip the cover over your couch cushions and enjoy!
How Do You Put a Slipcover on a Couch?
It’s easy to give your couch a fresh new look with a slipcover. Here’s how to do it:
1. Measure your couch and choose a slipcover that will fit snugly over it.
2. Put the slipcover over the couch, making sure that it is pulled tight and there are no wrinkles or looseness.
How to Cover a Sofa With Throws
If your sofa is looking a little worse for wear, or you just fancy a change, why not try covering it with throws? Throws are a great way to add color and pattern to your sofa, and they can be easily changed when you want a new look. Plus, they’re super cozy in the winter!
Here’s how to do it: First, measure your sofa and cut your fabric to size. It’s best to err on the side of too much fabric rather than too little – you can always trim it down if necessary.
Next, lay the fabric out on the floor and place the sofa upside down on top of it. Wrap the fabric around the sofa, making sure that all sides are covered. Once you’re happy with the positioning of the fabric, start stapling it into place.
Start at the center of one side and work your way outwards towards the corners. Repeat this process on all sides until the entire sofa is covered. Finally, flip your sofa over and admire your handiwork!
If there are any areas that need adjusting, simply unstaple and reposition as necessary. And that’s it – you now have a brand new-looking sofa!
This is a step-by-step guide on how to sew a sofa slip cover. The first step is to measure your sofa and then cut out your fabric. Next, you will need to sew the side panels and the bottom panel together.
Then, you will need to attach the fabric to the sofa with velcro or safety pins. Finally, you will need to tuck in the excess fabric and trim any loose threads.